Sao Paulo School of Advanced Science on Contemporary Logic, Rationality and Information
Call for Applications: 100 grants – “Sao Paulo School of Advanced
Science on Contemporary Logic, Rationality and Information”, February 2023 at
Important deadlines & procedures:
– Applications from October 1st to October 30th, 2022
– Notification of acceptance till November 30th, 2022
-Fast application track: https://splogic.org/
– For further info: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are delighted to inform that, after having been postponed due to
the COVID pandemics, the “Sao Paulo School of Advanced Science on
Contemporary Logic, Rationality and Information – SPLogiC”,promoted by
the Centre for Logic, Epistemology and the History of Science (CLE) of
the University of Campinas (Unicamp),Brazil, will be held at Unicamp
from February 6th to 17th, 2023.
The School, funded by the Sao Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP),
celebrates the 90th anniversary of Newton da Costa and the 45 years of CLE,
and aims at:
– Providing an overview of the state-of-art methodology and research
on contemporary logic (featuring non-classical logics), rationality
– Attracting qualified candidates to work at research institutions in
the State of São Paulo.
The program comprises 8 courses and 9 plenary talks delivered in English
by experts in each topic, as well as oral presentations (LED Talks)
and poster sessions by the students.
Topics to be covered include:
• History and Philosophy of Paraconsistent Logics
• The Australian, Belgian Brazilian, Israeli and Polish schools on
• Logic and Reasoning
• Logic and Information
• Logic and Argumentation
• Methodological aspects on interpreting, translating and combining logics
• Logic, Probability and Artificial Intelligence.
The event will select 100 fully-funded participants (50 grantees from
all states of Brazil and 50 international grantees). Funding includes
airfare, medical insurance, accommodation and meals throughout the two
Undergraduate, graduate students and postdoctoral fellows (up to 5
years after completion of the Ph.D) from all countries are encouraged
For additional information, and to apply, visit the WebSite:
We look forward to receiving you!
Itala M. Loffredo D’Ottaviano, Academic Director
Walter Carnielli, Advisory Committee Chair