Postdoctoral Position in Landscape and Environmental History
The Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
The Faculty of Architecture and Town Planning under the direction of Dr. Shira Wilkof (Landscape Architecture track) is offering a post-doctoral fellowship for a period of up to two years for scholars in the historical fields of design and the built environment; environmental history; Palestine/Israel Studies; and related disciplines, beginning Fall 2022. Scholars who have received their Ph.D. no later than August 31, 2022 are eligible to apply.
Research topics include, but are not limited to:
– Intersections between modern environmentalism and the history of the built environment (urban, town planning, landscape, and architecture)
– Transnational history of the built environment and its disciplines, with an emphasis on global North-South exchange
– History of the built environment or environmental history of modern Palestine/Israel, with an emphasis on marginalized groups or places, or on unexplored historical episodes
– Proven academic excellence
– Training in history or the built environment disciplines
– Research experience in a diverse range of archives; experience in locating materials in non-
conventional settings is an advantage
– Experience in interdisciplinary research and skills in Arabic, Hebrew or a non-English
language is an advantage
To apply please submit the following documents:
– Curriculum vitae.
– Letter of interest describing previous experience (including archival work) and interest in
the position (maximum 2 pages).
– Writing sample of at least 10 pages: dissertation chapter, article, or conference paper.
– Names and contact details of at least two referees.
Salary and benefits are competitive and consistent with the policy of the Technion and applicant‘s experience. The successful candidate will support collaborative research with Dr. Wilkof (50%) and conduct her/his own research project (50%). Applicants will be notified in mid-November and short-listed candidates will be asked to provide a research proposal by mid-December.
***Deadline for submission: 31 October 2021***
For further inquiries, please contact Dr. Shira Wilkof at email@example.com