Job opening: PhD/Assistant position (100 %) in Institute of Jewish Studies
The Institute of Jewish Studies at the University of Bern has an open PhD research position (100 %) beginning February 1st, 2020 and limited to four years. The successful candidate will be required to complete a doctoral dissertation. Additionally the candidate is expected to contribute to teaching, research projects and administrative work.
- Research: Dissertation topic in the area of Jewish Studies, preferably with a focus in Antiquity or Middle Ages
- Teaching: Active participation in the course offerings of the institute
- Research assistance for Prof. R. Bloch
- Completed MA in Jewish Studies, Classics, Theology, History or related field
- Very good knowledge of Hebrew and/or Greek
- Interest in interdisciplinary discourse
- Brief statement of motivation
- Curriculum Vitae and diplomas
- Proposal for the planned dissertation (1 page max.)
- 1 or 2 letters of reference
- Work in a small, dedicated team
- Individual work space including computer
- Inspiring academic environment
- Employment follows cantonal guidelines
Please submit application electronically (single PDF file) no later than September 30, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please direct inquires to Prof. René Bloch and consult the website of the institute www.judaistik.unibe.ch.
The University of Bern is an equal opportunity employer and encourages in particular women to apply for open positions. By equal qualifications, applicants with severe disabilities will be given priority.