Association of Ancient Historians 2020 - A Global Antiquity
The 2020 Meeting of the Association of Ancient Historians will be held at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, IA from April 23-25, 2020.
Please join us in Iowa City, Iowa for the 2020 AAH Annual Meeting, to be held April 23-25, 2020. The theme this year is “A Global Antiquity.” Registration ($95) includes a reception on Thursday evening as well as banquet to conclude the conference on Saturday night.
All of our sessions will be held on campus at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, IA. A block of rooms has been reserved for AAH participants, panel presiders, and attendees at The Graduate Hotel in Iowa City, a short walk from campus along the pedestrian mall. To make reservations call 319 337 4058. The AAH rate is $109 per night plus taxes and fees. This rate is guaranteed through Feb. 23, 2020. Plan to travel to Iowa City by car or fly into Cedar Rapids Airport (CID) if planning flights.
The deadline for the receipt of paper proposals for the AAH Annual Meeting on April 23-25, 2020 at the University of Iowa in Iowa City, IA is December 2, 2019. Please submit a 300-word abstract and short bibliography of 3-5 sources reflecting the state of the question to the conference submission form [HERE]
Papers are welcome on the following topics:
- Long Distance Trade in Antiquity
- Ancient Food
- Athenian Life and History
- Alexander and his Generals on the Frontiers
- A Global Late Antiquity
- Disease, Disaster, and Environmental Histories
- Geographies of Conflict and Warfare
- New Documentation Panel: Epigraphy, Numismatics, and Papyri
- Race, Ethnicity, and Outreach in Ancient History
- Ancient History and Pedagogy
- Digital Humanities and Ancient History (DH Panel)