University Assistant (post doc) at the Department of Social and Economic History
The Department of Economic and Social History at the Faculty of Historical and Cultural Studies of the University of Vienna conducts research and teaching in the fields of economic and social history at a local, regional, national and global scale from the Middle Ages up to the present day. The Department invites applications for the position of a post-doctoral researcher (“Universitätsassistent/in post doc”) in 19th and 20th century economic and social history at the candidate’s earliest convenience for a duration of 6 years.
Duration of employment: 6 year/s
Extent of Employment: 40 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 lit. b (postdoc) with relevant work experience determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
– Developing and strengthening your independent research profile
– International publications and presentations
– Preparing / writing a (publication-ready) habilitation thesis, a second book or several peer-reviewed articles
– Responsibility for project applications and the acquisition of third-party funding
– Involvement in the organisation of meetings and conferences as well as support for research projects, notably an ongoing project on the role of central banks in regional financial development during the 19th century
– Independent teaching as defined by the collective agreement (on average 4 hours per week each semester)
– Supervision of students
– Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration