INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ART READINGS 2020 - NEW ART MODULE: JOURNEYS
The 2020 edition of the traditional annual conference Art Readings, New Art module, deals with the interpretations of the theme journeys in the contemporary arts, represented through different artistic practices, genres and art-works.
The topic journey scan refer toactual physical journeys – travelling from one place to another, nonetheless, to describe the processes in art making; symbolic passagesthat solely relate topersonal experience and exploring identity;spiritual voyages etc.
The thematic scope of the New Art Module assumes but is not limited to the following aspects of the topic:
- Journeys as a center of attention incontemporary art;
- The art of traveling and art as avoyage;
- Routes, tracks,turns andreturns in art;
- Traveling as a genre-definingfactor;
- Art and psychogeograpy: the poetics of locations;
- Journeysand structuring of environment and space;
- Cultural practices, based on traveling – documentation of journeys, guest-performances; tours of artists and art-objects; festivals etc.;
- Journeys as an exchange of ideas; a meeting point for different cultural traditionsetc.;
- Voyages, traditions and culture;
- Traveling and models of interaction in the arts: transformation of traditions;ethnocentrism; socialization;inculturation; аculturation etc.;
- Migration, diaspora art, multiculturalism;
- Journeys and popular culture