The Franz Rosenzweig Minerva Research Center for German-Jewish Literature and Cultural History at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem seeks to fill the post of an affiliated post-doctoral researcher. We offer 25% position, with standard university affiliation and social benefits. This call is open to scholars of varied backgrounds (such as German-Jewish Intellectual History, Cultural History and Philosophy), but priority will be given to researchers in the field of German-Jewish Literature.
The affiliated researcher is responsible for:
• initiating research grant applications that aim to support new research projects as well as existing ones (in case of joint projects)
• fostering cooperative associations with German-language academic institutions and financing agents
• overseeing center’s seminar, participating in all center activities, expanding the reach of the center’s intellectual community
• advancing cooperation with different departments of the university, especially the Department for German Language and Literature
• promoting correspondence with German publishing houses that seek to publish the products of existing research projects
• assuming academic administrative responsibilities in preparation for Beirat and Evaluation reviews
• PhD in field related to German-Jewish Culture (preference given to German-Jewish Literature)
• High proficiency in both German and English
• A record of success in attaining research grant funding
Electronic applications should include the following documents (as a single file) in English or German and be sent via email: firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Letter of Introduction
• Curriculum Vitae
• One example of written work, max. 30 pages
• Two letters of recommendation
Applications must be submitted by 15 June, 2019. Decisions will be made within two months and applicants will be informed accordingly.
For further inquiries, please contact the Franz Rosenzweig Minerva Research Center for German-Jewish Literature and Cultural History by email (email@example.com) or Phone: 00972-2-588 1909.