Business and Economic History On-Line Editor
The Business and Economic History Online (BEH Online) is looking for a new Editor. The BEH Online (https://www.thebhc.org/beh-online-home) is an online journal featuring a selection of papers presented at the Business History Conference’s (BHC) annual meeting. The Editor is responsible for the overall quality of the intellectual content of the journal; for overseeing, along with the Co-Editor, the review process to select papers that provide new, original, and important contributions to the field of business history; and upholding the mission and scope of the journal. The primary source of content for the journal is papers presented at the BHC annual meeting. This is an uncompensated position; there is no salary.
- The Editor oversees the mission and scope of the journal in consultation with the Co-Editor.
- periodically reviews the editorial mission and scope of the journal and makes recommendations as needed to the Electronic Media and Online Communications (EMOC) Committee
- encourages submissions from presenters in each annual meeting for inclusion in BEH On-Line
- ensures that the papers published are consistent with the editorial mission
2. The Editor is responsible for overseeing the editorial review process.
- will revise submission guidelines as needed and post updated guidelines online at https://www.thebhc.org/beh-submission-guidelines
- edits papers for clarity and formatting, with the Co-Editor and in accordance with the house style guidelines
- will be the final arbiter regarding the acceptance of papers
- ensures that the citation information for each manuscript is updated in the BEH On-Line archives
- The Editor will provide the Electronic Media and Online Communications (EMOC) Committee with appropriate information about the editorial activities of the journal annually.
- will prepare a brief annual report according to an agreed-upon schedule
- will report any significant problems that might affect the quality or timely release of the journal