STUDY JAPANESE ARTS, LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
The Centre for Japanese Studies is offering you the opportunity to study Japanese arts, language and culture through two interdisciplinary summer programmes.
You will develop a deeper understanding of Japan and its place in the wider world of the past, present and future; benefiting from the knowledge of UEA academics, insights from guest lecturers and hands-on experiences during academic field trips.
Full bursaries are offered to all successful applicants for each programme and these include:
- Full programme tuition
- Return airport transfers
- Off campus study trips
- Social programme
- Some catering
- Contribution towards travel costs
- All applicants should be aged 18 or over
- All applicants are expected to have attained a 3.0 US GPA or equivalent
- All applicants should either be currently studying at University, or a recent graduate
- Non-native English speakers need an IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or an equivalent score on an approved English test
- Submission of a supporting statement and all requested documents.
ASSESSMENT AND TEACHING
- Both programmes will be taught in English
- UEA credit will not be awarded for these programmes
- Teaching will be carried out in locations on and off UEA campus
- Learning will be assessed in a variety of ways including class presentations, assignments or discussions.