4th Biennial Philosophy of Communication Conference: Philosophy & Rhetoric of Corporate Communication
The 4th Biennial Philosophy of Communication Conference will be held June 12–14, 2019 (Wednesday through Friday), at the Duquesne University Power Center in Pittsburgh, PA—sponsored by the Department of Communication & Rhetorical Studies and the Communication Ethics Institute.
Keynote speakers featured by the 2019 conference will include:
- Dr. Göran Sonesson, Lund University
- Dr. Timothy Coombs, Texas A&M University
- Dr. Deanna Sellnow, University of Central Florida
Presentations from keynote speakers focus on the conference theme and related areas of the Philosophy & Rhetoric of Corporate Communication.
Paper and panel submissions will be accepted for presentation in the following five content areas:
- Crisis Communication
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Corporate Social Responsibility Approaches to Communication
- Applied Communication Approaches
- Philosophical & Rhetorical Orientations to Corporate Communication.
As always, we welcome papers in any of the philosophy of communication content areas.
Papers: We invite abstracts of 200–500 words or completed papers of a maximum of 30 pages, including references. Submissions should be double-spaced, using MLA, APA, or Chicago citation styles.
Panel Proposals: Panel proposals may include up to five participants. Please include a title page with a 500-word (maximum) rationale and a 200-word abstract for each presentation.