Film-Philosophy Conference 2019
The Film-Philosophy Conference 2019 at the University of Brighton invites proposals for presentations on any subject related to film and philosophy. There is no single overall theme.
- Dr Victor Fan, King’s College London
- Professor Janet Harbord, Queen Mary University London
- Dr Andrew Klevan, University of Oxford
- Professor Jane Stadler, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
We invite individual 300-word abstract proposals to be submitted by 31 January 2019.
We use a track system that provides a number of broad headings to which a presenter may wish to attach their submission. There is, of course, an Open track if you feel that your paper does not fit within any of the other tracks.
The tracks for 2019 are:
- Emotion and Affect
- Environment and the Screen
- Film cultures online (blogging, social media, podcasting)
- Film-Philosophy and Education
- New Technologies in/of Cinema
- Philosophy of Fiction
- Politics and Film-Philosophy
- The Film-Philosophy Canon
- Video Essays
We only accept individual proposals for presentations of 20 minutes.