Erasmus School of Philosophy is looking for 4 PhD students
As the successful candidate:
– You will have completed (or be near to completing) a master’s degree in philosophy by the time that you take up your position.
– You are highly motivated to pursue a PhD in philosophy (your research can be in any area of philosophy, provided there is a suitable supervisor at the Erasmus School of Philosophy; https://www.eur.nl/esphil/people?s=&page=1)
– Your academic work and record demonstrates your ability to argue rigorously, to structure your ideas clearly, and to engage with academic literatures critically and creatively.
– You have a good command of English, and strong social communication and academic writing skills.
We expect you to:
– Start the position as soon as possible, or 1 March 2019 at the latest.
– Complete a PhD thesis within the four-year contract period.
– Play an active role in the research community by participating in research seminars and events, and organizing research events related to your own research, and to other research programmes within Erasmus School of Philosophy (https://www.eur.nl/esphil/onderzoek/onderzoeksprojecten).