Faculty of Social Sciences - Tenure-Track Positions in Communication and Journalism
The Noah Mozes Department of Communication and Journalism at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem invites outstanding candidates to apply for a tenure-track position starting July, 2019.
Excellent candidates in all areas of communications are invited to apply.
The successful applicants will join a dynamic research-oriented faculty offering innovative undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs. For more information about our faculty and research please visit: https://scholars.huji.ac.il/smart/faculty
Applicants must hold a Ph.D. degree at the time of hire, and demonstrate an active research program, indicating the potential for outstanding scholarship. The person hired will teach introductory and advanced courses in communications in their areas of specialization. He/she will also be expected to supervise Masters and Ph.D. students and to contribute to departmental and university service. Ability to teach in Hebrew is required.
Applications should include the following documents in a single PDF file. Documents should be in English in the order described below.
- Candidate’s letter of application (cover letter).
- Detailed CV (including email address).
- Full list of publications. Please present each of the following as separate categories: books (authored and edited), articles in refereed journals, chapters in books, other publications.
- Scientific biography outlining research and teaching interests and research plans for the next several years (3-4 pages long).
- Two letters of recommendation (at least), to be sent directly to the Head of the Department of Communication by the deadline noted here below. The application packet should include the names, addresses, affiliation, academic status, and email addresses of these referees, who are qualified and willing to assess the candidate's achievements and potential.
- Brief description of 3-4 potential courses that the candidate would be able teach. For each proposed course please include the following information: Title, type of course, brief description, and specify whether the candidate has taught it before.
- Teaching evaluations (if such exist).
- Copies of three selected recent publications that best showcase the candidate’s scholarship (these may also include articles or book chapters accepted but not yet published).
Applicants will compete with candidates of other departments in the Faculty of Social Sciences for academic positions.
Appointment procedures will be conducted in accordance with the rules and regulations of the Hebrew University and are subject to the approval of the university authorities. The university is not obliged to appoint any of the candidates who apply for the position.
PLEASE SEND THESE DOCUMENTS IN ONE SINGLE PDF ATTACHED FILE TO:
Deadline for applications: September 26, 2018.
Please inform your referees that their letters should also arrive by the deadline.
Inquiries should be directed to:
Professor Ifat Maoz
Head, Department of Communication and Journalism,
Hebrew University of Jerusalem