The Program in Cultural Studies, a graduate program at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem, seeks to fill one half of a tenure-track position beginning July 2019. This search is open to scholars in all subfields of Cultural Studies, although particular consideration will be given to expertise in the fields of Digital Culture or New Media Studies. Junior and senior scholars are encouraged to apply.
The position will be filled by joint appointment with another department in the Faculty of Social Sciences, which will provide the second half of the tenure track position. Candidates wishing to submit their applications must also apply to a second department in the Faculty (but may not apply to programs such as Glocal Community Development or European Studies etc). Applicants will be competing with other candidates in the Faculty of Social Sciences.
Ideal candidates are expected to have a record of publication of innovative and high-quality research in top-tier journals and/or book publications. They are expected to present a substantial scholarly and pedagogical agenda. They must show competence in addressing the interdisciplinary nature of Cultural Studies with respect to research methodologies and teaching. Candidates should have completed a Ph.D. by the time of their appointment, and possibly have held a post-doctoral fellowship. The successful applicant will join a dynamic research-oriented faculty offering innovative graduate and doctoral programs. The Hebrew University of Jerusalem is an equal opportunities employer.
The deadline for applications is October 2, 2018.
To apply, please submit here https://ttp.ekmd.huji.ac.il/Pages/default.aspx
• A letter of intent stating willingness to begin teaching at The Hebrew University from July 2019.
• A detailed Curriculum Vita, including teaching experience and a list of publications.
• An academic biography outlining the candidate’s research orientation and plans for coming years.
• Copies of up to three recently published articles, book chapters or conference papers.
• A list of required and elective courses that the candidate might offer in the Program in Cultural Studies as well as teaching evaluations (if any).
• Names and email addresses of three referees who agree to send a letter of recommendation.
For further inquiries please contact the Chair of the Program in Cultural Studies
Dr. Nicole Hochner firstname.lastname@example.org