Societies — Open Access Journal of Sociology, Special Issue "Women in Islam"
This call for papers for a peer-reviewed special issue on “Women in Islam” invites submissions focusing on women’s understanding, interpretation and lived experience of Islam with attention to women’s agency. Possible fields of inquiry include, but are not limited to:
- How Muslim women talk about and find meaning in Islam as a source of identity and belonging
- How Muslim women engage their faith as a belief system and how they choose to express that faith in both personal and public life
- How Muslim women identify and address issues they believe are in need of reform or reinterpretation, particularly where legal issues, restrictions, or family dynamics are concerned
- Muslim women’s vision of Islam as a system of ethics
- Muslim women’s reference to Islam in decision-making, whether domestically, in their communities, in businesses and the corporate world, politically, with respect to the environment, etc.
- Muslim women’s social activism
- Muslim women’s engagement in interfaith dialogue, organization and efforts
We encourage submissions from all disciplines, regions and time periods.
Dr. Natana J. DeLong-Bas
Guest EditorManuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. Manuscripts can be submitted until the deadline. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will… read more