Frontiers and Border Regions
The Tunisian World Center for Studies, Research, and Development and Tunisian-Mediterranean Association for Historical, Social and Economic Studies invite papers in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish for the 11th International Colloquium on the theme: Frontiers and Border Regions, to be held at Beja (Tunisia), 28-30 November 2018.
The theme of "Frontiers and Border Regions" could be dealt with respecting the following axes:
1. History of the border and border regions
2. Definition and types of boundaries
3. Fixing the border
4. Border control
5. Disputes and border disputes
6. Economics of the border
7. Moving beyond the border
• Important deadlines:
– June 30, 2018: Deadline for submitting proposals to the following email address: tunisian.mediterranean.associ@
– Participants will receive before July 10, 2018 responses to their proposals and information about the conference registration fees.
– Deadline for sending the Final Text: November 15, 2018
– 11th International Symposium: November 28, 29, and 30, 2018 in Beja, TUNISIA
• Rules for submitting proposals:
– Individual proposals: must be a new topic that has not already been published or presented at a scientific symposium.
– Proposal: Give a detailed summary: at least one page (font: Times New Roman 12; page margins 2.5 cm, single-spaced), with a detailed and up-to-date C.V.
– The proposals can be in Arabic, English, French, or Spanish.
– For abstracts in French or Spanish, a detailed English translation is mandatory (one page at a minimum; font: Times New Roman 12, page margins 2.5 cm, single-spaced).
– For summaries in Arabic, a detailed translation into English or French is mandatory (one page at a minimum: font: Times New Roman 12, page margins 2.5 cm, single-spaced).
– The conference proceedings will be published after evaluation by the Scientific Committee.
Information and registration forms at tunisian.mediterranean.associ@
Source: Tunisian-Mediterranean Association for Historical, Social and Economic Studies