Research Fellow in Contemporary Islam
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented social scientist to join a multi-disciplinary, international team working on the Understanding Conversion to Islam in Prison (UCIP) research programme. UCIP is deploying mixed-methods criminological-theological research to generate the most detailed and extensive data-set to date about the nature of Muslim converts and the effects of their practice of Islam on prison life in British and continental European prisons.
- collection of primary data in prisons through quantitative and qualitative methods;
- drafting peer-reviewed publications;
- disseminating findings.
The successful candidate will also be expected to travel both in the UK and in continental Europe to conduct fieldwork.
Skills and experience
The successful candidate will have:
- statistical analysis skills;
- experience of the conducting qualitative research in sensitive public institutions such as prisons;
- the ability to build trust and rapport with different types of people;
- a research interest in contemporary prisons and in contemporary Islam.
For an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact the Project Director on email@example.com
• 30 days holiday plus bank holidays and additional School closure days (pro rata for part time staff)
• Pension scheme with generous employer contribution
• Various loan schemes including season ticket and IT equipment
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Pay provisions, childcare voucher scheme, financial support for childcare
If you are interested in applying for this vacancy, please complete the short online application form. Further information can be found in the Job Description and Person Specification, along with a full list of duties and responsibilities.
Completed applications must be received by 23:59 on the closing date to be considered.
Interviews will provisionally be held on Wednesday 2nd May 2018.
If you have any questions or require any assistance with regards to the application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.