THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC REALITIES OF POST-INDUSTRIAL CAPITALISM
We invite articles, research notes, essays and book reviews that discuss how social realities are structured, constructed and experienced under the logic of post-industrial capitalism. We welcome texts from multiple disciplines and genres.
Business models are not culturally neutral; instead, they significantly shape various aspects of economic and social life. In light of the current transformations that are taking place in many industries, we invite contributions on how to understand the intricate connection between economic regimes, social institutions, cultural practices, political ideologies, and moral values.
Papers may address broader questions such as:
- How do entrepreneurial discourses contribute to the persistence and legitimation of economic relations? What kind of vocabularies and metrics are used to foster a culture of innovation in research and business?
- What are the social, cultural, economic and political consequences of digital capitalism? How are power relations shaped in the context of surveillance capitalism? How does peer-to-peer capitalism redefine property rights, supply and demand chains, opportunity costs, etc.?
- What is the relation between politics and economic outcomes in contemporary society? What challenges do governments face in implementing public policies to address the innovation-driven economic growth? How do the current political and social institutions respond to the acceleration of change through disruptive technological advancements?
- How are the value creation circles affected by the new corporate relations established in remote working environments? How are the new business models changing the nature of labor and the circuits of capital? What is the social meaning of economic tokens and how do they participate in the distribution of profits?
- How does the performativity of economic concepts play a role in the production and reproduction of culture? How could current economic theories explain the formation and the further consolidation of newly emerged markets?
- What is the moral order of economic life in post-industrial capitalism? How do the digital economies shape moral subjectivities? In what sense could we discuss about an ethics of digital markets? What are the ethical dilemmas and challenges of doing business in a global society