Call for Applications: Jacob Robinson Institute for the History of Individual and Collective Rights Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023/2024
The Jacob Robinson Institute for the History of Individual and Collective Rights was established in 2020 and is dedicated to investigating the relationship between individual and collective human rights in the domains of general and legal history, philosophy, anthropology, political science and other disciplines. In doing so, the Institute follows the spirit of its namesake, the Jewish jurist and minority rights activist Jacob Robinson (1889-1977) who stands for the implementation of universal human rights and the preservation of collective Jewish rights. In accordance with Robinson’s legacy, the Institute pays special attention to reparations studies.
- The Institute is offering up to two post-doctoral fellowships for the 2023-2024 academic year. Applications will be accepted from candidates from any discipline who work on topics relevant to the Institute’s research interests – individual and collective rights as well as reparations studies – and completed their doctoral degrees no earlier than October 1, 2018. Candidates who have not yet completed their degrees may apply if they will have submitted their dissertations by March 31, 2023.
- Successful candidates will devote their time to research and may not be employed elsewhere. They will receive a stipend of approximately 11,000 NIS per month and office space on Mount Scopus campus, where they are to carry out their ongoing research. Fellows are expected to engage in the Institute's academic activities. Following their research stay at the Institute, fellows are required to submit a manuscript for a peer-reviewed publication.
- The fellowships are subject to the Hebrew University's postdoctoral regulations.
Applications are to be submitted via the Faculty of Humanities section of Hebrew University's Scholarships and Awards System. There is no need to provide hard copies of application materials. Applicants must submit:
- Online application form
- Curriculum vitae (up to two pages)
- List of publications
- Statement of purpose – please describe your research project and elaborate your research plans for your stay at the Institute (up to four pages).
Deadline for Applications: March 15, 2023
For inquiries about the Institute, please visit our website https://robinson.huji.ac.il/ or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org