The Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics at Tel Aviv University is accepting applications for its 2023-24 post-doctorate fellowship program. The Center offers grants to outstanding researchers who study the challenges facing democratic regimes worldwide (political, economic, social, and environmental) and the two fundamental pillars – rights and institutions – that work together to bolster democracy. The Center encourages applications from all disciplines and fields, including economics, social sciences, the humanities, and the law.
Grant Amount: $30,000
Candidates must have a PhD from a recognized institution in Israel or abroad, and must have received their degree after February 15th 2019. Candidates with permanent positions at universities or colleges are not eligible. Preference will be given to candidates who have not received their degree from TAU.
Additional funding for travel for non-Israelis fellows is available.
The Research Fellows will be part of the Center’s research group and will take part in the Center’s activities. While in residence, the fellows are expected to dedicate their full time to research.
Applicants must submit:
- Documentation indicating eligibility for a doctorate degree, or certification of the submission date of their dissertation.
- Letters of recommendation, as follows:
- A letter from Ph.D. advisor/s (all advisors must submit a letter of recommendation).
- A letter from a researcher outside of the University in which the candidate completed their doctoral studies.
- An additional letter of recommendation, from a researcher affiliated to a recognized academic institution, per the candidate's choice.
- Summary of the doctoral dissertation and brief description of the research plan (each up to two pages).
- CV, including a list of publications (if applicable)
Deadline for submission of all application materials: Jan 31, 2023.
Application materials should be sent by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information about the Center, research fellows and activities can be found at: https://en-ethics.tau.ac.il