CALL FOR PAPERS: Special issue on Translation and Money
Submissions are invited for a special issue of the open-access journal, Translation Matters, published by the Translationality strand of the Centre for English, Translation and Anglo-Portuguese Studies (CETAPS) of Nova University, Lisbon, on the subject of Translation and Money.
We welcome articles dealing with any aspects of the theme such as:
- Theoretical articles exploring issues such translation as a mode of exchange, risk theory applied to translation, complexity thinking applied to translation, etc
- Case studies about the translation of literary, audiovisual, sacred or scientific works on monetary topics
- Technical translation of economic or financial texts
- Reflections about the financial questions that affect professional translators and interpreters in their daily lives (such as rates charged in different parts of the world; taxation (including double taxation issues) and pensions; how the translator’s income has been affected by external factors, such as the pandemic, etc)
- The financial management of translation processes inside organizations (clients, suppliers, translation tool vendors, Government agencies, international bodies, NGOs, etc.).
- Historical studies dealing with any of the above from a diachronic perspective
- Money in translation research and training.