The Interdisciplinary Center for the Study of Poverty and Social Exclusion (CPSE) at the University of Haifa is looking to hire a postdoctoral fellow. We value diversity and welcome all applications – regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic or social background, religion, disability, age and sexual orientation. The fellow will serve as the coordinator of activities at CPSE. In addition, the fellow will help lead a DFG (German Research Foundation) funded comparative research project on household labor supply arrangements and in-work poverty risk in collaboration with Emanuela Struffolino (University of Milan) and Anette Fasang (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin). The position and its compensation level is conditional on approval by the University of Haifa. Funding will initially be for a year but can be extended to cover an additional year. The position offers the opportunity to join an interdisciplinary team of experts in the field of poverty and social exclusion.
For more information on CPSE, check:
Basic Qualifications (required at time of application)
• Ph.D. in Sociology or related fields
• Cutting-edge quantitative skills, including experience with Stata or R
• Prior experience in research on social stratification and/or using a vignette research design
• Excellent writing skills in English
• Ability to work independently and show initiative, as well as cooperate with team members.
Send one PDF file to Asaf Levanon, the head of CPSE -email@example.com:
• Curriculum vitae
• Cover letter (elaborating the fit with CPSE and the project on poverty risks and specifying quantitative/writing skills)
• Research plans for the postdoc period (no more than two pages)
Two letters are required (sent directly to the PI)
University of Haifa, Israel. Remote work is an option depending on the circumstances.
Applications will be received until February 28, 2022.