Call for Applicants
Department of Political Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences, Bar Ilan University
The department of political studies is looking to recruit a full-time faculty member for a tenure-track position beginning October 2022.
The department is looking for an applicant in any of the following sub-fields of political science:
1. Israeli politics.
2. Middle-East politics.
3. Political economy.
Candidates must have completed their Ph.D. by Oct. 1, 2022. Typically, a PhD. in political science/political studies/government.
Proficiency in the Hebrew language is essential. Applicants are expected to teach in Hebrew.
Applications should include
1. A detailed CV, including: a full list of publications, post-doctoral experience, grants received, participation in conferences, etc.
2. A scientific biography including: a research plan for the next 2-5 years (2 pages max.).
3. A list of relevant courses the applicant is willing to teach, including a brief description for each course.
Please send items 1-3 as one PDF file.
4. Teaching evaluations.
5. Three publications (pdf. files)
6. Three letters of recommendation. These should be sent directly by the referee to the chair of the search committee.
All materials should be sent to the search committee chair
Prof. Nahshon Perez, email@example.com
Deadline for application: September 30th 2021.
Final decisions are subject to resource availability and candidates’ suitability.
Informal inquiries can be sent to prof. Nahshon Perez, firstname.lastname@example.org
Information about the department can be found at: https://politics.biu.ac.il/en/faculty