Assistant Professor History of Architecture before 1800
The Department of Art and Culture Studies of the Faculty of Humanities is looking for an Assistant Professor History of Architecture before 1800.
What are you going to do
You will provide education in a dynamic context with ample opportunities for the development of innovative teaching methods. Your research will be part of the Amsterdam School of Historical Studies (ASH), one of the five research schools of the Amsterdam Institute for Humanities Research.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- designing and conducting independent research on current research topics in the history of architecture and urban planning, with knowledge of GIS and 3D reconstruction and modelling, preferably with an affinity with comparative international research and (de)colonial themes, resulting in academic publications in peer-reviewed international journals and/or books;
- actively pursuing external funding for research, notably funding from research councils, national as well as European;
- actively contributing to and developing national and international research networks and other forms of cooperation;
- actively contributing to the research activities of ASH, and the interdisciplinary Amsterdam Centre for Urban History;
- developing, coordinating and teaching courses in both Dutch and English, in the BA and MA programmes;
- supervising BA and MA theses and tutoring students; co-supervising PhD theses;
- actively contributing to the development and improvement of the broader teaching programmes in the department;
- taking part in committees and working groups, and carrying out departmental administrative tasks as directed.