Assistant professor in anthropology
The Department of Anthropology, one of the largest departments of anthropology in Europe with an excellent reputation in both research and teaching, currently has an opening for an assistant professor of Anthropology. The position will be part of the research group Health, Care and the Body.
What will you do?
You will actively contribute to the department and its teaching and research programs. The position will require you:
- to contribute to the broad and diverse teaching and research profile of anthropology in Amsterdam by educational initiatives and publishing and participating in international research networks;
- to develop and coordinate courses at the Bachelor and Master level in the general field of anthropology, and in particular in the anthropology of health, care and the body, medical anthropology and science and technology studies;
- to teach general, specialist and methodological courses in the BSc-, MSc, Research Master’s- and PhD-programs of our department, and supervising undergraduate and graduate students;
- to develop, carry out and supervise anthropological research at a high academic level, develop a line of research in collaboration with junior staff members and other researchers working at the department;
- to acquire and help to acquire external funding for research (also alongside junior researchers);
- to engage in activities in the public sphere and in other arenas outside academia;
- to carry out administrative tasks;
- to contribute to a fair and collegial working atmosphere in the department.