Socio-Cultural Anthropology – Tenure Track position
Position code SHSA4122
The Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Ariel University is seeking exceptional applicants for a tenure track position in Socio-Cultural Anthropology. Specific research interests are open, and we are most interested in expanding both the ethnographic and theoretical expertise of the department.
The successful candidate is expected to carry out independent research programs, mentor graduate students, and teach (the language of instruction: Hebrew).
Competitive candidates will have a clear scholarly agenda alongside an active publishing record in top-tier journals. Applicants will be expected to initiate and follow through on research programs, apply for grants, maintain an excellent publishing record, and take part in all departmental activities. The accepted applicant will be expected to teach and advise diverse groups of students in Hebrew.
Candidates must possess a doctoral degree at the time of appointment and his CV includes a Doctoral or Post-Doctoral residency from a university outside of Israel.
Applicants should submit:
- A curriculum vitae with a list of publications (see guidelines)
- A summary of current research
- A proposed research program
- A teaching statement
- Three letters of recommendation that will be sent directly to the university
To apply please send all requested documents, with a position code (SHSA4122) included to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The availability of positions and final acceptance are subject to university's approval.
- The academic rank will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and achievements.
- Employment terms and salaries will be according to academic salary scales for universities in Israel as determined by CHE regulations.