Professor of Old Testament and Semitic Studies
School of Theology and Religious Studies
Duties and responsibilities
- Teaching at all levels of higher education in the fields of Biblical Studies, using modern teaching methods and educational technology.
- Supervising students. Within five years, doctoral dissertations have to be defended under the supervision of the professor.
- Activities related to the administration and development of teaching. Development of new subjects related to Biblical Studies.
- Professional development to enhance teaching and supervising skills.
- High-level RDC activities, incl. directing RDC activities in the specialisation and taking care that necessary resources (incl. research grants) are available for it. Directing a research theme or a part of it and within this work, supervising other academic staff. Internationally recognised research in five years at least in the volume equivalent to that of two doctoral theses. Participation in international research administrative activities, incl. participation in collaboration networks, work at editorial boards of research publications or as a reviewer, work as an expert in foreign institutions.
- Participation in the work of academic and administrative decision-making bodies of the university.
- Popularisation of the speciality.
- Research and teaching topics should preferably relate to the field of translation and interpretation of Biblical texts, The literary history of the Old Testament and related literature, history and history of religion of Ancient Israel and Levant until 2nd cent. CE.