THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ETHICS: TRADITIONS AND PROSPECTS – 2020. PHILOSOPHY. ETHICS. PRACTICS
Institute of Philosophy, Saint-Petersburg University (Russia) celebrates its 80th anniversary. The Institute is the one of most important centers of philosophy in Russia. Several scholar schools have been formed within the walls of the Institute and the Saint-Petersburg ethical school is one of them.
The tradition of running international ethical conferences at Saint-Petersburg University began in 2007. The permanent team was built in the previous years and it allows implementing the scientific and publishing partnership. The conference has wide spread geography: Russia (Saint-Petersburg, Moscow, Novosibirsk, Yekaterinburg, Murmansk etc.) Lithuania, Finland, Spain, USA, Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Italy, France, Belarus, Poland, Slovakia, Japan, Iran and Kuwait. The mission of the conference is the historical analysis of ethical categories as well as the research of the most important moral phenomena of present-day society and current issues of practical philosophy and applied ethics.
The conference is held both in person and online.
The proceedings of the conference with ISSN is indexed in Russian Science Citation Index (РИНЦ).
Conference languages: Russian, English
The thematic areas of the conference:
1. Current comprehension of classical moral question
2. Logic and argumentation in morality
3. Applied ethics and challenges of modern society
4. Ethical issues of emerging technologies
5. Corporate and social responsibility in business
6. Value conflicts and their potential in the moral progress
7. Ethical education: problems and prospects