18th Meeting of the "European Network for the Sociological and Demographic Study of Divorce"
Since 2002, the members of the European Network for the Sociological and Demographic Study of Divorce have organized annual conferences to discuss papers on relationship dissolution and its causes and consequences.
This year, the conference will take place in Cologne, Germany. Local organizers are the Institute of Sociology and Social Psychology (University of Cologne) and the HaSpaD1-Project (GESIS – Leibniz Institute for the Social Sciences).
We especially invite papers on:
- Quantitative and qualitative reviews in the field of divorce research
- Micro-level dynamics of separation processes
- Divorce from a comparative, historical, or life-course perspective
- Methodological challenges of combining data on partnership histories from different sources.
We also welcome papers on new theoretical developments and on the determinants and consequences of relationship dissolutions from a sociological and interdisciplinary perspective.
- Thomas Leopold (University of Amsterdam/University of Cologne)
- Brienna Perelli-Harris (University of Southampton)