Main navigation The Foundation Research Memory Education Jewish Culture Help for survivors Anti-Semitism Proposing a project Search Search FREN A A Home Research Research and travel grants Research and travel grants
The Foundation for the Memory of the Shoah offers doctoral, post-doctoral and research travel grants.
The Foundation funds research on Holocaust-related topics, including its roots and its consequences to the present day, and the study of contemporary anti-Semitism. It also backs research on other 20th-century genocides.
The Foundation gives precedence to projects that open up new fields of knowledge and take an original approach, especially if it draws upon comparative history.
It also attaches importance to European, international and interdisciplinary perspectives that combine historical, anthropological, sociological, legal, philosophical, psychological or literary analyses.
Projects involving the French aspects of anti-Semitism and the Holocaust and/or young researchers will receive particular attention.
- Doctoral grants: €1,200 a month for 12 months maximum. Renewable once on request.
- Post-doctoral grants: €1,550 a month for 12 months maximum. Renewable once on request.
- Research travel grants: on a case-by-case basis
- Doctoral grant applicants must be enrolled in a thesis program when they apply.
- Post-doctoral grant applicants must be connected to an academic institution.
- Academic supervision is also required for applicants requesting research aid.
- Two letters of recommendation from academics are required.