2nd Parkes Institute International Summer Graduate Seminar: Cultural Heritage and Jewish/non-Jewish Relations
For more information regarding this event, please email Parkes Institute at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Parkes Institute for Jewish/non-Jewish Relations at the University of Southampton (UK) is pleased to invite proposals for its second International Summer Graduate Seminar. The broadly defined theme of the 2020 conference is Cultural Heritage. The conference will be held at the University of Southampton from 16 to 17 July 2020.
Call for Papers
The Parkes Institute is one of the world’s leading centres for the study of Jewish/non-Jewish relations, with multidisciplinary scholarly expertise spanning from antiquity through to the present day.
Our summer seminar is aimed at postgraduate students and early-career postdoctoral researchers (within one year of the submission of their doctoral thesis) working on all aspects of cultural heritage in interdisciplinary Jewish studies, especially Jewish history and culture. Papers are invited to focus on topics and questions related, but not limited, to the study of Jewish/non-Jewish relations across the ages in the following areas:
- Tangible heritage structures such as cities, districts, buildings, monuments, objects;
- Museums, exhibitions, collecting;
- Intangible heritage through memory, testimonies, the movement and mobility of people, knowledge, languages, ideas;
- Cultural heritage and the environment;
- Heritage tourism and economic impact;
- Emotional reactions and attachments to cultural heritage.