IASEI Annual Conference: The European Green Deal and the Future of the EU after the COVID-19 Pandemic
Call for Papers – Annual Conference
The Israeli Association for the Study of European Integration (IASEI)
October 5, 2021 | The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
The European Green Deal and the Future of the EU after the COVID-19 Pandemic
The Israeli Association for the Study of European Integration (IASEI) invites researchers to submit an abstract or suggest a panel on issues regarding the EU and the European integration process in general and the challenges faced by the EU following the COVID-19 pandemic. The papers will be presented at the Annual Conference of the IASEI. Prominent scholar will also participate as keynote speaker on the EU after the German Federal elections.
IASEI was established in 1992 as a national forum for research and discussion on the European integration process. It brings together academics from all disciplines and practitioners in Israel who specialize in the EU and the European Integration process. IASEI provides a forum for debate and a site for exchange of views and information about the EU, and actively promotes research and networking in this field.
The sub-topics listed below are optional. Under each one referral to Israel is possible:
- Democracy and the rule of law in the EU and its member states
- Transatlantic relations after the Trump presidency
- The challenges faced by the EU and its member states by populism, nationalism and the global democratic recession
- The European Green Deal and/or digital transformation
- Geopolitics and the challenge of Russian and Chinese authoritarianism
- Brexit and its implications
- CFSP, CSDP, EU – NATO relations, threats of terrorism and radicalisation
- Energy policy
- EU – Israel relations and the neighbourhood
- EU policy towards anti-Semitism, religious freedom and Jewish communities
Abstracts may be submitted in either English or Hebrew; up to 250 words, font 12, space 1.5. The first line should have the title of the abstract. The second line should have the title and name of the lecturer/s (Ms./Mr./Dr./Prof.), his/her institutional affiliation and his/her email.
Proposed panels must include an abstract explaining the purpose and composition of the panel, as well as a list of proposed panelists.
- Deadline: proposals should be submitted by September 1st, 2021. as a word document to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Proposals submitted after this date may not be considered.
- Announcement regarding the papers will be given by the end of September by email.
- Presentation at the conference will be in English only.
- Approved presenters will be required to join IASEI as members before the conference, until
September 2nd, 2021.Deadline: proposals should be submitted by September 19, 2021
- Dr. Ayelet Banai, Haifa University
- Dr. Amichai Magen, IDC, Herzliya
- Prof. Arie Reich, Bar-Ilan University
- Dr. Maya Sion-Tzidkiyahu, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Prof. Alfred Tovias, Hebrew University of Jerusalem