Forty-Fourth Annual Conference, October 1-4, 2020 in Washington, D.C. (Crystal City)
The German Studies Association's annual conference brings together over a thousand scholars to engage with research, teaching and public scholarship on German-speaking lands’ diverse histories, cultures, languages, and politics in global contexts. We invite established and more junior colleagues, including graduate students, to join us for the Forty-Fourth Annual Conference October 1-4 in Crystal City, VA.
Submission of Proposals for Individual Papers or Entire Panels:
- All papers and panels must be submitted via the GSA website.
- All prospective participants, including moderators and commentators, must be paid members of the German Studies Association for the current year.
- All papers and panel titles must conform to the style guidelines of either The Chicago Manual of Style or Historische Zeitschrift.
- Papers in both English and German are welcome.
- The submission deadline is Friday, February 15th, 2020, at 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time.
- Organizers of entire sessions should submit a 300-500 word session description, with 350-600 word abstracts for each paper in the session.
- Individual paper submitters should submit a 350-600 word abstract.
- Please indicate, using the drop-down menu, the field/area/chronological period to which you wish your session or paper to be assigned.
- For assistance with the online submission process or with dues payment, first contact Benita Blessing at email@example.com.