The Minerva Center for the Rule of Law under Extreme Conditions, 3rd Young Researchers Workshop on Terrorism and Belligerency
The Minerva Center for the Rule of Law under Extreme Conditions (RLEC) at the University of Haifa, Faculty of Law and the Geography and Environmental Studies Department, invite submissions for participation in the third young researchers workshop on “Terrorism and Belligerency”. The workshop will be held at the Minerva Center, University of Haifa.
Papers are welcomed on theoretical or practical legal issues related to terrorism and belligerency from varied perspectives, such as: history, philosophy, sociology, geography, technology, economics, and politics. A non-exhaustive list of possible subjects includes:
– National law applicable to dealing with situations of high and low intensity belligerency (international and non-international armed conflicts).
– International law applicable to dealing with situations of high and low intensity belligerency (international and non-international armed conflicts).
– Law applicable to counter-terrorism efforts.
– Constitutional design for armed conflicts and counter-terrorism.
– Judicial review related to situations of counter-terrorism and belligerency.
– Application of constitutional or international human rights protection in situations of armed conflict and counter-terrorism.
– Legal aspects of economic and sociological developments in counter-terrorism situations.
– Geographical scope of application to counter-terrorism and belligerency legal regimes.
– Legal aspects of the use of advance technologies in the battlefield or for counter-terrorism purposes.
– Application of “Just War” doctrine in situations of armed conflict and counter-terrorism.
Interested scholars should email an abstract of up to 500 words along with current CV by November 18, 2018 to the following address: email@example.com.