Position in the Department of Sociology and Anthropology
School of Social & Policy Studies
Faculty of Social Sciences
Tel Aviv University, Israel
The Department of Sociology and Anthropology at Tel Aviv University, as part of the School of Social and Policy Studies at Tel Aviv University invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track position to commence on October 1, 2023, contingent on budgetary approval. Applications are open in all fields of Sociology and Anthropology.
The position includes teaching at the undergraduate and graduate level (both existing and self-developed courses), supervision of graduate students, and pursuing high quality research based on grants received from competitive local and international foundations. Teaching at Tel Aviv University is primarily in Hebrew, and candidates must be able to teach courses in Hebrew within two years of their appointment.
Candidates must hold a PhD degree or expect to be awarded such degree by June 2023, in the fields of Sociology, Socio-Cultural Anthropology, or related fields. The ideal candidate will show excellence in research and teaching, a clear and compelling scholarly agenda, a tendency toward interdisciplinarity, and a demonstrated ability to publish high quality research in top-tier outlets.
Tel Aviv University and the Department of Sociology and Anthropology are committed to academic excellence, as well as to expanding the variety of voices, research methods and traditions and increasing the share of faculty from underrepresented groups.
Applicants should submit the following items:
- A CV and list of publications.
- Samples of your best publications (books and articles) or unpublished papers.
- A letter describing current research, future research plans, and teaching interests and methods (2-3 pages)
- Teaching evaluations (if such exist)
- Three letters of recommendation addressed to Prof. Alexandra Kalev, Chair, Department of Sociology and Anthropology, Tel Aviv University. The letters should be sent by letter writers directly to email@example.com by January 22, 2023.
All application materials should be emailed as .pdf files, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 22, 2023.
Notifications or invitations for interviews (job talks) will be sent no later than March 12, 2023. Job talks will be scheduled for the 2-3 following weeks