University Lecturer in Classics (Greek Literature)
University of Cambridge – Faculty of Classics, Central Cambridge
Salary: £39,992 to £50,618
Hours: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Ref: GE15088
The Faculty of Classics is seeking to appoint to a University
Lectureship in Classics (Greek Literature) from 01 September 2018. This post is open to those, at any stage in their career, with a primary research interest in any area of classical Greek literature. The successful candidate will have, or be expected to develop, a record of world-class research commensurate with the international reputation and top-rank research rating of the Faculty of Classics. Teaching responsibilities will include contributing to the development and delivery of undergraduate courses, and supervising final-year projects and post-graduate students.
Information about the Faculty can be found at www.classics.cam.ac.uk.
Candidates will need to show evidence of the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Good first degree and a doctorate in a relevant subject area (or clear evidence that completion of such a doctorate is imminent);
- Evidence of ability to engage in internationally recognised high-level research in Greek literature, with publications and participation in scholarly activity commensurate with stage of career (the Faculty would especially welcome applications from those whose primary expertise is in archaic and/or Classical Greek literature);
- Evidence of ability to teach Greek literature effectively, and at all relevant levels (the Faculty would especially welcome applications from those able to teach textual criticism);
- Evidence of ability to teach classical Greek and Latin language;
- Ability to play an effective role in the life and work of the Faculty as a whole and willingness to contribute equitably to administrative tasks of the Faculty;
- Ability to work as part of a team.
To apply online for this vacancy and to view further information about the role, please visit: www.jobs.cam.ac.uk/job/16984. This will take you to the role on the University’s Job Opportunities pages. There you will need to click on the 'Apply online' button and register an account with the University's Web Recruitment System (if you have not already) and log in before completing the online application form.
Referees should be asked to write directly to [email protected] by the closing date.
Planned presentation and interview dates: 23 and 24 May 2018 (TBC).
Please quote reference GE15088 on your application and in any correspondence about this vacancy.
The University values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
The University has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.